Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birthday Party!

Saturday we had a bunch o' girls at our house. But first we started the day like we do every Saturday, with Turkish breakfast at our local spot. It was so warm and sunny, he invited us to eat outside. I think 5 well-behaved children, including one little guy who inhales his food, with a beautiful breakfast spread for all the neighborhood to see is quite a good advertisement, don't you?
The birthday girl was feeling like a hot shot.
The girls went on a scavenger hunt to find the following letters C-A-M-E-R-A, which they then had to unscramble. I wish you could have seen me talking to the guy at the motorcycle shop around the corner from us. In Turkish, "There will be many little girls coming here. It's a birthday party. They will find this paper, then take it. That's all. Ok?" Ever gracious, the guy with the tall riding boots and leather jacket said, "You are having a birthday party here, in my shop?" ha ha.

They found them all, unscrambled them, then ran home so my 11 year old could receiver her camera, a gift I've hid for 9 months now!

All her sweet little friends gave her gifts. Then she opened gifts from family back in the USA. Big Ben watched for awhile, then began unloading his toy box on her. One by one, he gave her a pile of toys.

She choose Singapore Chicken Rice as her meal, then we had cake and ice cream. We ended with a girlie movie. Happy birthday, big girl!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun party! And major points to mom for hiding the camera for 9 months.

Laurie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You are a great Mom!

rachel said...

so fun!!! i can't believe how big the girls are getting! :) my goodness...looks like y'all had a great time!!!

Melanie Keffer said...

Ahh. Wasn't that precious about Ben giving her his toys? You are so like me Sara. I won't elaborate here but once again, I relate. Everything except the camera hiding. How you did that I will never know. I would have busted to give it to her.

What a sweet birthday party. (The motorcycle shop was funny.)

M

Site Meter