Campbells

Campbells

Monday, April 5, 2010

From the Far East

Many of you know that before living here, we lived several years in Singapore. It holds a very special place in my heart. It's where I went as a newlywed. It's where I became a mother.

This week we had our first-ever visit from the Far East. Our dear Singaporean friends came to see Turkey and us. They spent time in Istanbul and Izmir, and are now ending their trip with us. We all went to the airport to pick them up. My girls were 4, 3, and 1.5 when we left Singapore. They have some memories of it, but kept asking me, "What do they look like? How will we know it is them?" We said, "They're Chinese, you'll know them!"
We spotted them!
Auntie Lai Chan and Uncle Kia Hwa brought with them many things...good memories for us, a taste of a culture we miss, the "Singlish" we used to hear so much, AND FOOD! Firstborn got a bag of something she has missed so much. They are little round biscuits (I just have to call them that, but don't think Hungry Jack biscuits...they are little round cookies) with a dot of icing on top.
And when we got home, they just kept unloading more stuff!!! Sesame oil, food packets to make Asian dishes, pork floss (more on that later), fish crackers, coconut spread, Thai coffee, Chinese tea. I don't think I'll be cooking American food again until October! More tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie Keffer said...

Wow, how nice.

Hope you all had a good Easter!

Site Meter