Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cappadocian Travelogue: Learning to Trust

Perma-Baby is so named because she has thoroughly enjoyed being the baby of our family for a long time. We really don't feel we've 'babied' her more than the others (well, not intentionally maybe), but she is just not a natural risk-taker. She really doesn't even want to risk riding on her Papa's shoulders, something her 18 month old baby brother does without holding on. (Have I mentioned I like my husband's beard?)
Her feelings on it are fairly clear.
But tired legs and a trustworthy father can do wonders for our courage. I think there's a spiritual lesson in that statement.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mitch-Shannon said...

I just got tears reading this. Now, it may be a combination since I'm watching a Nigerian friend lead worship while I'm reading, and both are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing. Absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!! Amen and amen! I wish you could have heard the sermon I heard on this very subject. You would have loved it.

This post was very timely because it is something God reminds me of quite often. My earthly dad was so much my security, that when he died, it felt like the solid rock under my feet disappeared. That might sound strange since I was married with four children and David DOES take very good care of us . . . But I guess you would have had to have known him. He was just that way. His name even meant protector. When David would go out of town, I would be so scared sometimes out in the boonies by myself, that my dad would drive over and spend the night just so I could sleep. (I never slept when David was gone.) I never asked him to do that, he just did it and said it was an excuse to see the grandbabies.

However, since Daddy's death, it has come home to me in a big way how that is the way we are to be toward God. Letting go and trusting that He will not let us fall, He will always be there when we are scared and will always be watching over us, making provision for us.

Thanks for this post. Very appropriate on this Sunday.

Melanie

Site Meter