Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fried Rice Lesson

One of our last activities with our Asian friends was to cook a couple of authentic Chinese meals together. She helped me make ginger-garlic chicken wings, fried noodles, jelly desserts, char siew chicken (no pork here!), and fried rice on our last couple of nights together. The meals were delicious! I learned some things. Fried Rice seems to be such a common meal, but she says it is one of the harder meals to master. She said if you go to a new restaurant, you can order fried rice to test if the cook is really good. I learned I had been doing a lot of things wrong.
But now I know what to do! And I assure you I will have one happy husband and many happy children whenever I choose to make this meal!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, can we get the recipe? We make fried rice but I am sure it is not as good as what you made. We make what I assume is an Americanized version with egg, ham, chopped onion and soy sauce.

Melanie

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd give us a tutorial! I agree about judging the restaurant by the fried rice.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Reminds me of the food that my father cooked growing up (he was from Indonesia).

Kelly

My Army Brats and Me said...

I would love to have it too. My kids love fried rice. Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Site Meter