Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Flying Back "Home"

I'm about to finish summer, thanks for bearing with me!!!

And so, all too soon, our summer came to a close.

Trying to hide at Grandma's didn't work. We had to leave.

A final pancake breakfast was served.


And then after waiting for hours, we discovered our first flight was cancelled. And so all 7 of us smashed together into a hotel room.
 
And the next morning, we started out again.
God blessed us so. The kindest man served us at the counter and made getting all our bags re-checked easy, and off we were to Dallas/Munich/Ankara instead of Chicago/Istanbul/Ankara.
I met a precious new friend on the flight home. She is the third daughter of four. At age 3 1/2 her parents took her in to a doctor because she wasn't well and had started walking strangely. She had in inoperable brain tumor. As she put it, "But my parents were believers, and they just prayed and claimed Scripture." The chemotherapy and radiation diminished the tumor (well, let's be honest here, God did!), and here she stands today as a precious Bible-college student, desiring to be in some type of ministry to patients like she once was herself. I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with her and pray God uses her mightily. It seems like He loves to remind me when I am home...there is a remnant!

And so we flew, and flew, and flew! The kids did great, as always. We were disappointed that our newly-scheduled flight took us off Turkish Airlines, which meant no individual screens and no kids movies from which to choose, but we were all just thankful to be getting home.

All 14 bags made it!

And here's how we REALLY looked!


It's good to be home!

Next Up: life back in  Turkey!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as "bearing with you" and I am sure all your readers will agree. I consider it a special treat for you to allow those of us outside the circles of close friends and family to share your adventures and travails.

I love the suitcase pictures . . . That one always amazes me. So glad Ross could be there, even though I know you have handled it all on your own at times.

I tell you what else is amazing is the organization and planning you have to have while shopping, etc. But then, God always seems to give us what we need, when we need it doesn't He?

I tend to think that God sent your traveling companion along to cheer you after the ordeal you had gone through. You just can't say enough about God's goodness to His children. YES, there most definitely is a remnant, and a much bigger one that we would ever think. God had to remind Elijah of that. It is such a blessing to fellowship with other believers, isn't it? Just think of the joy that awaits us in Heaven - nothing offensive, mean, ugly or ungodly in any way. Wow.

Thanks once again for sharing so much. I, for one, really enjoy reading it all.

Melanie

Site Meter