Campbells

Campbells

Friday, September 2, 2011

Feeding the Ducks at Audobon Park

One night our dinner plans fell through, so we took the three kids we had with us over to Audobon Park to feed the ducks.

We also met several hungry turtles.


I think this is something every kid should do in their lifetime!
I used to feed the ducks with my Fish grandma at Winona Lake, Indiana. What about you? Do you have memories of doing this?
A bonus to the night was that we took a picnic and stumbled upon a homeless man who had set up a shelter under a tree in the park. We shared a couple of sandwiches with him before he packed up all his worldly goods on his bike.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie Keffer said...

I am not sure about Turkey, but did you know that in France eating on the ground is as common as eating at your kitchen table? Kathleen said the French love to picnic/eat outdoors. That was one thing she loved over there.

If God lets her, someday she will have a little cottage in her beloved Normandy. That is such a strong desire on her heart. I can't say I blame her. I saw it through her eyes and the pictures she took and it is a place too lovely for words. What ashame there is a such a lack of God in those places. Talk about His beautiful creation! She said Normandy has the perfect climate for growing anything.

How did I get off on that? :) This world is certainly a beautiful place, isn't it? Can you imagine what the Garden of Eden had to have been like? No weeds, no bugs, nothing harmful. Eat everything straight from the trees. (Almost everything - ha)

And yes, we are duck feeding bunch of folks over here as well. I guess that is universal with kids.

Also . . . I have to comment how big Mary is getting (big as in age) and how lovely she is!! Isn't she? So hard to believe she is growing up so fast. Sara, it won't be long you will be blogging about missing her as she goes off to college. :)

I'd better hush. This is another of my novels, huh?

Melanie

Site Meter