Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Singaporean

Essie came home this week with this paper in her folder. I asked her what it was. She said, "A lot of the other kids in my class speak other languages. I told them I speak Singaporean. Then I decided to write some for them too." Strangely, this looks very Korean to me. But, she is a typical TCK (Third Culture Kid)...not wholly one, not wholly another, some type of in-between hybrid. I thought it was very cute that she claimed Singapore.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

That is fantastic!! How easy will it be for her to be multi-lingual as she gets older.

Heather said...

Please feel free to add my blog! I LOVE looking at yours! Your kids are growing so fast...makes me sad to think mine will do the same! :)

val said...

All she has to do is add some lah's and ah's and she'd be fluent!

Rachel said...

Hi, I'm Rachel. I have 3 boys and one girl and I'm a Big Mama fan. I got such a kick out of your comment on her blog this morning that I just had to stop by and say, "Yes! He will want to wear the same pair of dirty jeans every day. And the same dirty shirt. All week. And you'll have to pry it off him for church" lol. I love her blog for the opposite reason you do. I get no drama in a house full of boys and can't wait til my daughter is old enough to give me a hard time about clothes. :) Have a good day.

GraceYuMommy said...

love her Singaporean language (even though I can't figure it out).

Site Meter