Campbells

Campbells

Monday, January 11, 2010

Goodbye, Perge

This post ends my photos and thoughts from Perge. Perge, for those of you who read the Bible, was where John Mark parted from Paul. At the end of the town lay a statue. Literally. She was lying down, and also headless in more recent years.
This was a beautiful, enormous fountain. Where Annika sits would have been flowing water.
This is the town from a mountain view. I didn't hike it. Big Ben was getting hungry, so I went to search out a food source, while Campbell Clansman hiked up and took the picture. The little green dot is my daughter. Can you see the new city just next to the old?
Goodbye, Perge, and the beautiful village people still living there.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

val said...

Would love to come visit! I love history, but with 3 kids--air travel is so expensive! How do you do it with 5??

Melanie Keffer said...

THAT is absolutely awesome. What a great thing to be able to see!! Wow.

I will forever remember Perge and your images of it. Sounds like you do like I do and look at the ruins and try to picture life back when.

Really awesome Sara. Thanks for sharing these posts.

Melanie

Deena said...

Thanks for sharing this trip with us! I've really enjoyed getting to come along.

Site Meter