Campbells

Campbells

Friday, January 29, 2010

And he said...

No school! And made a lot of little people very happy. Of course, you knew I was going to say that. How could I set CC up to say no to those sweet faces staring out the window in yesterday's post? Interestingly, they had their coats, hats, mittens, snow pants, and boots on in about 4 mintues flat. Papa noted how quickly they got ready on a snow day. They were out the door by 7:15am. Five hours later (with NO warm up break in between) I told them they had to come home.

I love this one.

Just a few years ago, I took a similar picture. So much has changed, but not her eyes.

I know I am partial, but we have the best of the best at our school. These kids, from ages 4 to 14, all met up at "the hill" and hopped on sleds together.

About mid-way through, I walked over with some warm, dry gloves for my kiddos. I noted other moms standing and enjoying the children racing down the hill on sleds, then said, "What's the matter with ya'll? Let's go!" And then I proceeded to scream my head off all the way down.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

What a great post. Another favorite. Kids are the same the world over, aren't they? I've never seen one that didn't love snow.

And you are funny . . . But believe it or not, stick-in-the-mud as I might appear on the surface, I would have been right behind you on the sled, crashing and rolling in the snow like the Pillsbury dough boy. :)

I haven't forgotten what fun is!!

Mel

P. S. We got sleet and a few flakes while ya'll were getting all that lovely snow.

Since I only know your children through pictures, I like searching their faces to see who they look like. I think Annika looks like your brother, who looks like your dad. She smiles like them.

Did Ben enjoy the snow?

Anonymous said...

Yay, DAD!!! I knew he'd make the right decision!

Everyone (even moms) need a snow day from time to time.

Site Meter