Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Humpty Dumpty

Apparently, Miss Middler didn't want her Grandad to feel alone. Last night, after being put to bed with medication for a sinus infection, she attempted to get out of her top bunk, unsuccessfully. I am not sure if she missed it due to being medicated and overly-sleepy or if it was as she says, "I forgot about the ladder." But she missed it all together. I heard a THUD, and I know without a doubt I was half-way up the stairs before she uttered her cry. She had hit her nose, which led to a massive nosebleed. I carried her downstairs and attempted to stop the bleeding. My Campbell clansman quickly left the bathroom and attempted to do whatever would not result in his passing out. He began to clean up the trail of blood (I suppose this was preferable to seeing it coming out of his daughter's nose). But it didn't work. He came back down, looking a shade of green...about like an under ripe avocado, I'd say. I told him to get his head down between his knees and just quit watching. After getting the blood to stop and clearing out the clotted blood, we had her lie down with an ice pack. Her little sis missed her roommate and came wandering down and said, "I sorry you have blood, Essie." We bedded her down in our room to keep an eye on her. She was pretty tough about the whole thing...this girl who somehow killed a front tooth without me knowing it and who also rode a stair safety gate down the stairs at age 1. Thankfully, unlike Humpty Dumpty, the King was able to put her back together again. She is much better this morning.

No comments:

Site Meter