Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lucy, where are you?

How is it, that I can sit here in this quiet room, with only the noise of a washing machine and the school kids at recess down below, and somehow connect with you all over the world, readers? I love writing. I love thinking about writing. I love being in touch with people far away. I love sharing glimpses of our lives with each other. This blog meets my needs!

Awhile back, I posted a blog spotlighting my kitchen. Here it is http://campbellclanblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-kitchen.html

Just recently, "Lucy" left a comment on that post. Evidently she lived in this country once before. She also had a tablecloth like the one on my table that day. She wants to find another one. Lucy, there is a dear, old man down in the old part of town, who sells them for next-to-nothing. Everytime I walk by him, he begs me to buy one. I'd love an excuse to give him some business. But I can't find you! I click your name and nothing directs me. Please help me find you so you can find a tablecloth once again! The only problem I foresee is that if I buy one...he'll beg me to buy more!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I went back and read your post about your kitchen. My kitchen is black and white and I would love to have one. :)My family was in Nigeria for 2 1/2 years and I love my table cloth from there.

Anonymous said...

You know I was just thinking today of how much I dislike social networking on the web. AH! I am really working on my social skills!! I love entertaining my friends and family but am not good at having strangers, i.e., strange people in my home. I feel so private about things. I don't like people who are snoopy. Listen to me, I sound awful, don't I? I do love people, but guess I have no tolerance for certain things. You don't know how much I pray about being a good hostess and reaching out to people that annoy me. :))

Gee . . . Was this confession day? Anyway, the point of this was to make the contrast and to say I admire you for being the willing and wonderful hostess you are. God makes us all and we all have a purpose. I am sure there is a purpose for my personality as well. :)

Love you Sara,
Melanie

Site Meter