Campbells

Campbells

Monday, May 3, 2010

Taxi Ride



Please don't judge me. We do the best we can here. There are no carseats when we ride in taxis. And sometimes there aren't even any seatbelts. I usually hold my babies tight in my lap and just pray as we take off. On this ride, we had the sweetest little old man as a driver. He just couldn't get enough of my two little ones. He wanted to know if Perma-Baby was the naughty one in the family. He wanted to know all their names and all their ages. He kept on picking at Big Ben. Then BB got the idea to tickle the taxi driver's hair as he drove. I cringed, but the driver loved it and egged him on by grabbing his hand. I grabbed my video camera and got this clip. Oh, and we did make it safely home.

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

I've used the exact phrase on my blog: "don't judge me!" The scariest was Cairo, hands down! The Ukrainians have laughed at us before for using seat belts.

Anonymous said...

Disclaimer: I am in no way against car seats and used them for all four of my kids. They are a wonderful safety tool for little ones in the car.

However, we don't live in a perfect world and in all things we must apply common sense.

My sister and I grew up fine with no seatbelts and no car seats. You should hear how my mother and dad made a bed for me in the back seat as they traveled from California to Ohio.

I think they call that careful and responsible driving. At least, in our family it was.

Again, car seats are wonderful and always gave me a lot of peace of mind, but if we are in a situation where they are not available, then we have to do other things trusting God to take care of us because if He didn't watch over our children in the first place, no car seat would keep them safe.

Melanie

P. S. I loved the pic of Ben shaving . . . You are right, girls don't do that, do they???

Mitch-Shannon said...

I LOVE it! What a happy baby!!

Site Meter