Campbells

Campbells

Friday, May 21, 2010

Wizard of Oz: Part II (Jitterbug Jitters)

We made it to the theater on time, with time enough for last minute touch-ups. The word on the street is that my friend Tiffany does the 'best buns' so she did ME's for me!
And what does a jitterbug do when she has the jitters before her first performance?

She prays...
And when I saw these sweet girls huddled up together, praying of their own initiative, I knew this Wizard of Oz whimsical comedy would hold much deeper emotions for me than just humor. I am so thankful for so many things. I am so thankful for the friends God has given my children. I am so thankful for a remnant here. And I am so thankful when my children begin to grow on their own in their faith.
And then as she walked down the hall to 'backstage,' all I could think was, "Her dad is going to die when he sees her in that costume!!!" Yes, she's growing up. I love you, jitterbug!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

How cute! I know, I know, I've said it before but I totally mean it! That's so sweet that they prayed together by themselves. I love moments like that.

Tara G. said...

She looks darling, Sara! Beautiful from the inside out!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Isn't she beautiful!!!

Ah. . . That was wonderful. I know, as other C parents know, exactly what you are talking about. I remember the first time I heard my son pray on his own, without being told. I remember the first time I walked in his room when he was praying and it wasn't his devotion time.

How beautiful that was. I know Papa got past the costume when he saw the other pictures. :)


M

Site Meter