Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One of Our (Bad) Habits

After all those girls head out the door, we start our morning routine. I have breakfast and my quiet time. I usually end up with BB on my lap for part of that time. I have one cup of coffee in the morning. And, he begs for it.
That's what happens when you hit the other side of 30-something, and you've done this 4 times before.
You start giving in to things you never would have before. Like coffee. For a 19 month old.
But in my defense, he only gets the last drop. He nurses that last drop for a full half hour, so proud he is of his morning coffee.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tara G. said...

That last face is priceless, Sara!!

SevenSwansaswimming said...

He is sooo cute, I would give him whatever he wanted! That is so true about giving them things that the 1st child would NEVER have gotten! My #5 child is 5, but she may as well be 13. Everyone caters to her every want (just to keep her quiet I think!)

Mitch-Shannon said...

I'm impressed he likes it! It took me 17 years.

Heybet said...

that is funny but he is so cute so I don't think I can refuse him anything!

Anonymous said...

Way too cute . . . Don't I know what you are talking about!! Matt, my youngest, LOVES his coffee. I made it a house rule that they had to be 18 before they could drink coffee. Matt is 14, turning 15 this year. I occasionally allow him decaf and very occasionally, the real thing.

I know. I wouldn't let the girls have a drop before their 18th birthday. In fact, I remember their first trip to Starbucks on their birthdays.

Ah, we are getting older Sara. :)

I think you might even be a tad older than I was with my youngest at that same age . . . I know I was the oldest mother in Matt's kindergarten class. :)

Mel

Mandy said...

I will probably be there one day with one of my kids.... I LOVE coffee. And you are better than me. I drink about three cups (half decaf though). When I taught sixth grade, some would be waiting outside for school to start with their starbucks and their red bulls!!! Crazy!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness....that haircut is adorable. He looks like a miniature marine. :) As my sister says, "I could just kiss his face off."

Site Meter