Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We're Off to See the Wizard!

It's finally here. They've been practicing for about 3 months, and all of it culminates tonight and the next 2 nights!

I was instructed NO Wizard of Oz photos on my blog, facebook account, or anywhere else until after the performance. Our drama teacher adheres to the old (best) ways of doing things...nothing should spoil the show ahead of time for the audience. I complied, but it was oh, so hard. When the middlers were giggling at the purple eyeshadow they got to wear for rehearsal, it was hard to not share it with you! When I saw my beautiful firstborn get tossed in the air by a 9th grade boy, I resisted the urge to snap a photo and blog about what my heart was saying to me! But I obeyed and kept it all quiet. All that work and all those practices have been worth it all! I was so proud to send them off to school today, the day of Opening Night, sporting their cast t-shirts and jeans!
For these two days, they get to defy their Papa's school rules and wear t-shirts and jeans to school. It's a fitting reward for their hard work, I think!
And their names are on the back of the t-shirt!
And just because they could, they wore flip flops to school! That alone made it worth all the work!
Stay tuned for photos AFTER the final performance on Saturday night. As for me, I'm off to see the wizard...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

whimzie said...

Fun!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Tara G. said...

How fun! I wish I could come!!

Jeff and Kibbie said...

I can't wait to see photos! Sounds like so much fun!

Site Meter