Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Flooded City

Twinkle Toes was assigned to choose and research a major storm that can damage the earth. She chose flooding. We researched the cause of floods and the effects of floods, and she wrote a great report to turn in. Then, the fun part...she got to design a scene from a flood. I thought she did a great job with her rescue helicopter in the air, her buildings covered with flood muck, and even the cars that are falling into the swirling water.
Then her dad came up with the best idea of all...a little person drowning.
If you look closely, she seems happy about it.

It was also a neat time to share with her about the Great Flood of Fort Wayne, Indiana, from my childhood. I remember the sandbags, the floating cars in the K-Mart parking lot, and the friend who lived with me because her house was destroyed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Neat to study floods . . . I remember them. We were in one also when I was a kid. Wouldn't want to do that again . . . . Water rising up to the point of coming in, my mother standing there praying . . .

Whew! Happy not to have those experiences!

M

Site Meter