Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

100,000

Well, I knew it was getting close, but according to my site meter at the bottom of this blog, I will hit 100,000 visits since it started counting. I think it will be either today or tomorrow.




I just want to say a big THANK YOU to my readers. Maybe you occasionally laugh, maybe cry, maybe just smirk when you read this blog, but it does far more for me than for you.




When I was a little girl, I told my mom I wanted to be an author. (I have some ideas floating around in my head about that still.) But as I grew up, I pursued another deep desire of mine, which was to be a teacher. I think teaching is one of the most rewarding professions out there. I had a wonderful example in my mom. Mid-way through my first year of teaching, I knew I had chosen correctly. I loved it!




But I do still love to write. So, this gives me an avenue for writing. Aside from getting to write, I also get to connect with people who are very far away. Family gets to hear little quirps about the grandkids and see pictures. Those from my home fellowship can see the ins and outs of our daily lives. I've even met new friends, like the one in the Ukraine, who has small children like me and loves Jesus like me. I think we'd have coffee some mornings together if we lived in the same country. This blog helps me not feel quite so far away, so thank you.



And finally, it helps my perspective. Sometimes living overseas can be...depressing, scary, weird. Like the time my son was told he could win the "Pee Pee Beauty Contest" after his circumcision. Or the time the police showed up on my doorstep to tell me it was against the law for my children to rollerskate on our balcony (my Turkish friends are still scratching their heads on that one). Or the time we came home to a housefire. But you know, having YOU out there and knowing that I can sit down and share my heart with you, makes those situations a little less depressing/scary/weird. Sometimes it even makes them a little funny.



And so, as we together approach the 100,000 mark, I want to thank you for investing the time to read this blog. I have enjoyed it.



Love, me

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

Dern- I'm 100,070! :) And sweet friend, I'd make you coffee, but I'd have to do tea! :) (I have some Kona hazlenut in the freezer- are you tempted to make a trip to the freezing north!?)

Thomas and Jamie said...

Well congratulations on 100K! Just like the onslaught of comments which I'm sure will come after mine, I come here everyday from Kelly's blog! I've been reading for a while, but I'm not sure why I've never commented. As a fellow believer it has been incredibly interesting and sometimes moving to visit such sacred places through your blog!!! So, from Canyon, TX - keep at it!!

Anonymous said...

Sara,

I speculated on what percentage of the 100,000 visits to your blog I might be. :) I feel sure I have a percentage . . . 1% maybe?

What a lovely post this was. As you know, you and I "met" vicariously through Kathleen. Notice that is the way my parents met you also.

It goes without saying, even though I have said it several times, how much I enjoy your blog and appreciate your sharing it with us. It is like a good novel that I sit down to read. Who knows but someday you might publish it into book form.

You are a dear and precious lady. May God continue to bless you and be with you and your family in all your endeavors.

Sincerely,

A Faithful Reader
Melanie

Site Meter