Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Perhaps My Favorite Winter Post

I couldn't wait to post this. Here's our neighborhood after our big snow. When we came home from breakfast, the middle girls stayed out from 10:30AM til 3:30PM. No hot chocolate break. No warm mitten requests. Just solid snow play for 5 hours. Oh, to be that young, huh? CC told them he'd join them, so in the afternoon he did.
And he helped them sculp this!
My husband has all these hidden talents! But beyond that fun discovery, a neighbor watched him do it for hours, without CC knowing. This neighbor later came out and expressed his fascination, but then said, "But what is this table you are carving?" CC got to explain the Christmas story with him (the first time he'd ever heard it) and why he carved this.
The next day, some boys destroyed it...hit it over and over with a big stick. Much like what happened in real life, so long ago.
Glory to God in the Highest and Peace on Earth to Men! I'm thankful I've found that peace, have you found it?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tara G. said...

AWESOME!!!! My favorite is that your neighbor heard the truth!!

When we lived in Alaska, it was neat to walk around a downtown area in Anchorage to see the ice sculptures- so pretty and enchanting!

Deena said...

Now this one made me cry! I'm super impressed with the carving. I've never seen anything like that.

I love that "playing in the snow" led to sharing the good news for someone to hear for the very first time! Wow! Amazing!

Jean F. said...

Beautiful artwork and even more beautiful historical event--life-changing! Thanks for sharing it.

Laurie said...

WOW! That looks really good!

Anonymous said...

Sara, I was just having a discussion with my mother this week about the fact that the world cannot eradicate Him. They have tried many times down through the ages, but they just cannot. There is, and always will be, only one reason for this season we celebrate, no matter how we celebrate it.

As for the sculpture, a definite wow. I have often wanted to try my hand at sculpture but have been too chicken. I am certain I would not be that good but Ross definitely inspires me!!

A wonderful, wonderful post!!

Melanie

Mandy said...

Snow is not an easy thing to carve in! I LOVE it! Way to go Ross. Who knew you could share the gospel by playing with snow!

The Fish Family said...

O.k. That was just amazing. Tim and I read it and then just looked at each other with our mouths open. Ross's talent never ceases to amaze us! What a wonderful story!!!

Site Meter