Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Big Ben

This little big guy gave us a new zest in life after we thought we were done being new parents. How do you raise a boy? (We're still learning.) Is he really ours? (We asked this almost the whole first year!) We were so used to girls...we knew how to do girls. And then God gave us our little B, name meaning "Son of the Lord."
And so we're learners again...learning you can't drive by a construction site without noticing what 'big stuff' is working the site that day, learning you have to roll in the floor and wrassle for about 20 minutes a day before bed, learning what it is like to have a son.

God plans our families exactly as He wants them. He does a good job.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You're right! He's the size of Eva! Incredible!!
(And I laughed inside when you told me he can't stop eating.. This is JUST the beginning of that!!) I miss Benaiah bunches.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the wonder of a son. It has never worn off of me. I remember pinching myself when my first son was born, not believing I really had a little boy. I remember David being beside himself, insulting (unintentionally) everyone else in the hospital because he had such a big, beautiful baby boy named Maverick.

A boy seems to do that to you. Turns your whole world upside down just when you think you have it down pat.

I adore my sons with all my heart and thank God for the privilege of raising them because someday, Lord willing, they will be men and the leaders, heads of their households, that God meant them to be. Even though Dad has a strong influence in that area, the responsibility of Mom teaching them daily is not a small thing. Always in the back of my mind are the men God laid on my heart that they need to be.

Your B is precious. I see so much personality in his face, so much confidence all over him aka love. He is the spitting image of your mom. That's what I see in your pictures. I see an awesome young man, one of these days.

Mel

Site Meter