Campbells

Campbells

Monday, March 29, 2010

Munchkins

Not sure if I've told you this, but my 3 Singapore girls all tried out for our school play, the Wizard of Oz. I had to talk CC into it. They have too many activities already. They might not get a part.
I did all of the following:
1.I took the schedule and broke down exactly how much time it would require for any part allotted to an elementary student.
2. I explained to him how important it is to just try. Even the disappointment of not getting a part was worth the experience of trying.
3. I begged.

And he agreed. Guess what! They all got a part! Mary Erin is a jitterbug (more on that in a later post) and a general in the Oz army. Annika and Esther are munchkins.
Last Saturday, I took them to their practice. I fully intended to leave and go make my weekly Spanish lesson plans.
I could not leave. I was mesmerized.
Have you ever just watched your kids do something new, something you had no idea they could do, and been speechless? That was me. I was so proud of them. I was glued to my seat. Funny thing is, though, they are munchkins. Watching their practice, all I could think of was how big they've gotten.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh, well done them! I hope they have a ball.

Cxx

Melanie Keffer said...

In this post I noticed the pigtails. I don't believe I have ever seen two girls look cuter with pigtails. That look definitely suits them. I always wanted Kathleen to wear pigtails but they didn't suit her. Somehow, she came out looking funny rather than cute. :) She was a doll with a little short Dorothy Hamil cut.

The girls are beautiful and I see why you would mistake them for twins.

M

Site Meter