Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maple Syrup

Before I moved here, my friend Vicki gave me some tips on life in Turkey. I remember her telling me, "You'll have to make your own maple syrup." Make my own? How do I do that? Tap a maple tree?

Turns out, it's not hard to make it artificially.
It's just a little water, a LOT of sugar, a little vanilla, and a little maple. Mmm.
It makes pancakes so good, you want to lick your plate, or even try to eat your plate. And some nameless folks don't just 'want' to, they do.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie Keffer said...

Hey . . . Making your own maple syrup HERE might not even be a bad idea. We always had to order it from Vermont. I guess they sell the real thing somewhere in Mississippi but my dad ran across it up there and that was our pipeline to delicious.

I, must confess, am an anti-syrup person :) . . Only because I threw up on Log Cabin as a kid so I never could stand the stuff until I tasted the "real" thing . . . Wow.

I bet the homemade (artificial) kind is good also . . . Probably much better than the store bought.

As I look at pictures of Ben's face I can't help but giggle about what a ham he is. :)


I'll have to look into that homemade syrup thing . . .

M

Site Meter