Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Amazing Lunch!

After our museum tour, CC found us a place for lunch. They only served one thing (a good sign!)...lamb kebabs. The restaurant was tucked in a corner of this street.
First, we each got a salad plate...fresh tomatoes with peppers, strong sour pickles, and raw onions. I love the food in Turkey!

We were given "lavash"...thin bread (like a tortilla but thinner) to assemble whatever 'stuff' you wanted inside...sizzling lamb, onions, tomatoes, grilled peppers...that's what went in mine.

And then the owner asked us if we wanted dessert...he had just made it. We told him we'd think about it. Soon, out came plates for everyone. He wanted us to try his dessert, it seemed. He was proud of it, and rightly so. It was a warm, delicious, stuffed walnut dessert.
And in places like this, they don't ask you if you want tea. They just bring it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Reminds me of a place we ate near Ephesus up on the side of a mountain. It was outdoors and we sat on these wonderful cushions with low tables under a huge tent. It was amazing food and I felt like I was in Bible times, reclining at table, as my dad says.

Melanie Keffer said...

That looks delicious!

Melanie Keffer said...

Sara, I am really getting 'watered-up' for a visit. I would go absolutely crazy at the outdoor markets. I would love, love, love, all the historical places. I would just plain love absorbing the culture. In this post I noticed the streets . . . Wow.

Who knows? Could be.

M

Site Meter