Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Camp 2017: Part 1

If you've read this blog for awhile, you know that my kids love going to Camp Good News each year. This happened to be the first year that ALL 5 could be at camp either as campers or as helpers. So, we decided to make it a family event, and CC and I volunteered as staff this year.

I wasn't sure what to expect really, but camp turned out to be far more wonderful than what I envisioned. My only responsibility really was to speak to the kids for 30 minutes each day. During the other time, I was free to hang out with campers and REST. I RESTED! For the first time in a long time! Sure, I was tired by the end of each day, but it was a different kind of tired. It was the kind where you are really sleepy from events of the day, but not the stress of the day.

The kids were so sweet. I enjoyed sharing with them about where we live and what we do. They were so open to friendship. 

CC spoke to the campers each night and did a fabulous job! We both left very encouraged. 


The kids made new friends. 

And my teens, who served in various capacities, were stars with the kids! 



One afternoon a little guy ran up to me to tell me my son needed help. As it turns out, he woke from a nap and was running a 102 fever. We hung out in the nurse's cabin for the rest of the day. That was ok with me! 








No comments:

Site Meter