Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lake House Fun

Fairly soon after we got back up to Middle Tennessee, we traveled to the family lake house, which has SOLD. This is an answer to prayer. It was time, for several reasons. But that lake house was built at the perfect time and has provided many dividends, not just financial. It's provided family memories.

Remember that time we first drove up and Grandma and Grandaddy hung flags from all the countries of the world where the grandchildren were born?

Remember that time Sweet Cheeks got sick and we tried to get her to smile for the cousin picture?

Remember that time we were swimming and threw our unwanted Fruit Loops snack into the lake, not realizing we were surrounded by a water snake that liked Fruit Loops?

Remember that time you learned to ski?

Remember that time I made coffee with no filter and Grandma whispered, "It's because she lives in Turkey. Honey, they don't have anything over there."

So many memories, so much fun. I'm deeply grateful that my family invests in people, not things, which made these memories possible.

So, we have 2 more weekends there before we hand it over to the new owners.

I enjoyed my quiet time and coffee on the porch in the mornings. 

Our newest family member MQ is a little scared of men (other than her daddy and grandaddy), so she tears up with CC walks in the room. He's had some fun with that kind of power, but he decided to start helping the bonding process by scooping his little island niece up! 

Speaking of scooping someone up. 





We had a great time....cranking out meals for 20 people, assigning bunk beds to be shared with cousins, sunscreening everyone up, seeing the string of hammocks full of kids swinging on the porch. The older I get, the more I'm relishing every second I have with the people I love. What about you? 

3 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

Tammy, I got your note! I didn't publish it but I want to thank you for your prayers and I will certainly pray for your friends!!!

Unknown said...

Sara, thank you. Enjoy the rest of your trip and know that I pray for you and your family.

Tara G. said...

I hate snakes...I would have just died.

Site Meter