Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Birthday Braids

While CC and Firstborn were gone, I surprised Sweet Cheeks by asking her if she wanted some African braids for her birthday. She has so many African friends and loves their elaborate hair braids. She was so excited and wanted to surprise papa when he got back. We researched a bit and found a place nearby. It was more than obvious we were the only white girls in there for awhile, but the gal told me she could braid a white girl's hair! She strongly suggested a little bit of faux hair to hold her braid longer, so out she came with this long ponytail! 

Sweet Cheeks was very brave, but it was killing her! She fusses when I only brush her hair. These were tiny tight braids wrapping around her head. 

She loved them! The longer I live, the more I want to spend things on memories rather than more stuff. She thanked me over and over. And I suspect she will always remember how she spent her 12th birthday money! 


I think she looks amazing! 

She said 4 people coming out of Dollar Tree told her they loved her hair. I said, "Were they all black ladies?" "Yes, ma'am." 

No comments:

Site Meter