Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Summer 2016: Finishing Up Memphis

Our week in Memphis was so short! CC had to fly on back to Turkey, so we just had to cram in so many things so quickly. One afternoon, we took the kids roller skating. I spent my every waking afternoon roller skating as a kid, so this was an absolute blast for me. I've only lost my ability to spin in continuous circles without getting dizzy!

This little guy had never roller skated before. I suggested he start out using the rail, but he said, "No, then I'll get used to it." He proceeded to skate and fall until he taught himself to skate. I was so proud of him! 


Our week ended with a luncheon at our church. Our sweet friends who helped us start the school in Turkey came to see us. 

And I got to hug this friend, who also lived in Turkey for many years. 

All too soon, we were hugging our Memphis family goodbye. It's always a year-long goodbye. That's what makes it so hard. We had a great time with them. Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. We love them all. 

We left Memphis and drove down to Clinton, MS, to see Mississippi College. CC had taken Firstborn here last summer, but I had not seen it since I was 18. She's honing in on her decision. We drove up to find her name! What I love is how excited all her siblings are in this picture! She said something like, "What? Are you ready to get rid of me?" No, I'm not. 

I'm not at all. 

No comments:

Site Meter