Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Unreached Milestone

Benaiah turned 6 months old this week. All my girls sat up alone at 6 months, almost to the day. But he just topples like a weeble-wobble. I opened my What to Expect The First Year book, just to see if I was remembering the month-age correctly. I read, "Another factor that might interfere with the development of early sitting is overweight. A roly-poly baby is more likely than a leaner child to roll over when attempting a sitting position." So, what do you think? By "roll over" do they mean the weeble-wobble thing he does? Do you think he is roly-poly?

5 comments:

Mary Erin said...

any of these words would work for Benaiah:roly-poly,wibble-wobble,wobble-bebble,or even wibo!!

Melanie Keffer said...

I think he is just fine. I had a whomper boy like Benaiah and now he is the shrimp of the group -- short and small. His 14 year old brother (13 months difference in their ages) is 9 inches taller than him.

What I notice most about Benaiah is that wonderful smile. He will slim up when he starts walking. Do you remember, or have you ever been told, that babies and children tend to get a little chunky before they take a growth spurt? That was true with mine.

Maybe Benaiah is just happy and contented. :) Seems like that is the case. How can you overfeed babies? They only eat when they are hungry, and when they are hungry they need to eat. I don't know how you would overfeed them -- especially when you are feeding the correct foods. It's not like you are stuffing pizza down him every day.

Just my two cents on a gorgeous little fellow. [smile] Matthew looked like that. Maverick was big, as in long, but not as big and chunky as Matt. Now Matt is the small one.

Mel

Melanie Keffer said...

P. S. My natural instinct is to "take up" for Benaiah, as you can tell by my comments. Ha. I can't call him Weeble Wobble. He's too precious. :)

I love his smile.

Mel

rachel said...

i'll have to take a picture of Adde with no shirt! she is a rolly polly! i think Benaiah is PERFECT!!! Addelyn didn't sit up until she wa almost 7 months-she just recently got the hang of rolling and still isnt't crawling-almost 10 months old too! :) i love this stage though-she is getting her first tooth now-i miss the gummy smile already! :(

The Fish Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Site Meter