Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cappadocia Blitz Part IV

Our next stop was the Underground City. This was all carved out underground, as people lived in constant fear of persecution. It goes down many, many levels.



The final place I wanted to take them was the old church we found so many years ago. They loved it. We enjoyed singing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" and other hymns inside the beautiful stone walls of this ancient place.

(These tasted like Welch's grape jelly. Yes, I ate one. Or a few. No, I did not wash them first. No, I did not get sick.)

The last morning we were again greeted by a beautiful sunrise dotted with hot air balloons.


The administrators loaded up in the bus that would take them to the airport, then on to Ephesus. We enjoyed our time with them so much. It was especially meaningful to me to get to meet the people I pray for!

No comments:

Site Meter