Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Camping Escape: Part III (The Hike Up Light Mountain)

The next afternoon, CC suggested a hike. Up a mountain. A tall mountain. As he always does. Firstborn and I took him up on it. We left the others swinging in hammocks and collecting grasshoppers.


This picture doesn't do it justice, but we found a beautiful wild bush with about 5 different colors in it.


It was truly beautiful, and though we hiked 2 hours up a very steep mountain, I am so glad I went!



 We had some great conversations with this beautiful daughter who will soon fly.

I loved seeing this tree growing out of the rock.

I loved being with this guy.

As we neared the top, we could look down and spot our van, the kids, and the logging town.


Here's a much better one of the bush. Greens, yellows, oranges, fushias, and fiery reds.

When we approached the very top, we found a stone formation, much like an altar. We could also see the lakes from miles away.


At the very top were two men who manned the power station and telecom towers. They were so very happy to see someone; they invited us in and offered us Coca-Cola. They had 1 cup up there. We asked for a bit of water and shared our cup, very happy for the cold drink. They live up there for a week, then come down and work as forest rangers, trading off with another pair.

And now I must say that, though I am humbled to post this (and can NOT stand this first picture), I would not have been able to do this hike and would not have even considered it, about 3 months ago. I've made some healthy changes in my life, by God's grace. I'm hitting the 40's, looking ahead, wanting to stay healthy. So, here goes. Before and After.



1 comment:

Tara G. said...

Congratulations! It's so encouraging to see progress, right?!

Site Meter