Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nashville Cowgirl

 
I had so much fun getting to see my family-by-marriage family. My dearest friend, married to my brother, comes from a family with whom I have a long history. I went on a mission trip with her mom, long ago. (We killed tarantulas together in Mexico.) Her little sister was a teacher's aide for me when I was a young 3rd grade teacher in Mississippi. Her little brother has loaned us his house when he is out of town. Her little brother's wife was one of my mom's star pupils in 5th grade. Her older sister I got to stay with when I was in high school and she was in college, as I was on a leadership team sent from our school up to Bryan College. We just go way back. And all of them were in town at the same time, so CC and I loaded up the kids and went to see them all. In one spot! After swimming and hanging out, the adults met up to go country line dancing in the great city of Nashville, TN. I'll admit CC and I were like deer in the headlights. We're still sort of just off the boat. And it was like the Nashville version of Memphis' Beale Street. I saw a lot, and it didn't look like Turkey.


Here we are, ready to hit the dance floor.
The band was really great. They played a lot of country, with some fun stuff from bands like Journey and Michael Jackson thrown in.

Can you find me?
I learned a new lasso move. And I had a super time, especially when CC decided to learn the line dance and added some jive in with it.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Such a fun night! Loved being with you!

Site Meter