Campbells

Campbells

Friday, July 27, 2012

From Here to There

We've spent a lot of time in the car this summer, it's just how our schedule worked out. Other than the occasional, "Stop touching your sister." the kids have done great on our road trips. One weekend we drove from Center Hill Lake to Chickasaw State Park to take the middle girls to camp. We decided to stop for a bite of lunch on the way. As we entered the country buffet, CC said, "We've just eaten so much all summer. And this is another all-you-can-eat buffet! I'm just getting veggies or something." I took this picture of him just so I could get his plate of fried catfish in it!
 When we got to camp, we had the delightful surprise of finding China, who is now interning for the organization that does this Christian camp. She said when she interviewed and told them she had lived in Turkey, Mrs. Jayne asked her, "Do you know the Campbells?" She said, "Yes, he was my boss and principal!" She was our sweet babysitter around the time Big Ben was born. She also graduated from our school. Isn't God good to give us links like that to remind us that He has not forgotten us? It was really special to my kids. I'll never forget showing up at a women's conference in Turkey only to discover they had no childcare, and realizing I'd have my little 3 week old camouflauge-wearing baby boy in my arms all weekend. China took him, and I'm not sure I ever saw him again except to feed him!
 And so the girls began their week of camp with their wonderful cousin Caroline.
They had a great week. Miss Middler's team won the week-long challenge. Twinkle Toes found out she was runner-up for camper-of-the-week. And the girls won cabin of the week. Doesn't that involve keeping it clean? My girls? Cleanest cabin?

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

It's a small world! So glad you had that little bit of love from the Lord!

Site Meter