Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things I Want CC To Know

So, I have heard NOTHING from CC. Did he make it to Africa? Who knows? I sent an email and have heard nothing for 2 days. Then, last night in the middle of my chick flick, I got a call from my sweet friend who said, "Um, you may want to check your blog comments. Hubs is trying to reach you!" Thanks, sweet friend!

It seems CC can not access his email account at all in Ghana. He's tried repeatedly. The other administrators were unable to either. Then he tried to read at least my Campbell Clan Blog and was able to get to it. So, his only method of communication with us right now is through this blog. I find that very funny! He left me a sweet comment which explained the situation then said, "Delete this after you read it!" Ok, so it seems if he has anything to say to me, he'll have to say it in front of all of you! And this is the only way he can get information from us, so here it is...

How Our Week Is Going:

1. Kids are doing great. Firstborn got up and made toast for everyone the first morning...complete with cupcake sprinkles on the butter.

2. Big Ben seems to know you are gone and acts up. Last night he would not eat his sweet and sour chicken and rice, so we wheeled his highchair into the hallway. After a few minutes, he was sweet (and only a little sour) and rejoined us and ate his dinner happily.

3. I miss you. The bed is cold. I had to add the t-shirt quilt to stay warm.

4. Our second grade teacher's house is crumbling. Literally. Her husband went home Monday and was told by the other tenants they were all evacuating. He went into the first floor and sure enough, tiles were popping off the walls, the walls were cracked, and plaster was falling. He ran up to get his laptop and they loaded a taxi cab full of clothes until they can find another apartment. We are thankful they found out before the next earthquake.

5. Firstborn told me she had learned that peace, true peace, is not the absence of problems, but calm in the midst of them.

6. Baked potatoes and Bible Study tonight.

(Please comment, we all want to know what you think, CC.)

6 comments:

Tara G. said...

Roaring- seriously hilarious! I hope you guys can laugh about it! :) your children are precious!

Anonymous said...

Sara and Dizzle:

My eyes are closed and I promise not to read anything personal! :)

This might turn out to be a treat for your blog readers as we never hear from Ross so Ross, please don't make EVERYTHING too personal for us to read - ha.

How fun!

Mel

Sara Campbell said...

Hello everyone out there in cyberspace! Pardon me while I talk to my wife for a couple of minutes. Sara, this is sort of wierd. How many hits a day to you get on this blog, and do you know who all is reading it? Thanks for the update on the family. I tried again repeatedly today to access email via a couple of different ways, but each time it won't allow me to reach those websites, but for some reason I am able to access your blog -- though this morning I couldn't view your blog either. This morning we got to attend the chapel service at the school, where one of Ghana's premier music groups (a Christian accapella quartet) named Alabaster Box was performing. Really neat; I captured some of it on video. The meetings were good today -- lots of laughter, a few tears. Good fellowship and camaraderie. Afterward I was able to get away for a couple of hours and Tim (the director of the school here) loaned me his driver / car to take me to some souvenir shops, where I was able to pick up a few trinkets a for you and the kids. Three other guys from the HO tagged along with me. I hated the haggling, but I'm sure you would have loved it. It is now 8:00pm. We leave the hotel to head to dinner in 40 minutes from now. It seems there is a Lebanese family here who is a strong supporter of the school and has invited all us administrators to their home for dinner, but they eat after 9:00pm. It will be a late night, but I'm sure the good food will more than compensate for it. Well, that's about it for this short update. I love you and miss you. Give the kids a big hug from me. -R

Kelley said...

That just makes me laugh ;) I always knew these blogs were "necessary!"
Love you guys and thinking of you often :)

The Pritchards said...

Love it!! Thanks for giving us a peek into your lives! :) Hugs to all!

Anonymous said...

I will confess I also read and loved it. I love to read stuff Ross writes. My favorite is still the swimming pool on the balcony story.

Mel

Site Meter