Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Straight Out of Narnia

This is the English Tower of the castle.
This is me in front of the English Tower. It was clearly a windy day in Bodrum.
The tower was totally intact. This was a little inlet to sit and do whatever castle-dwellers did. Polish their chain mail? Drink their ale? Give orders to capture the enemy? The stained glass was original. Amazing.
These things had been placed inside to recreate what it might have looked like. I just kept thinking of Narnia. And of my kids. And of how I just have to bring them here.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie Keffer said...

I couldn't help but think how Kathleen would be right there with you as far as enjoying that castle. That was one thing she loved about France.

I can't honestly say I am a "castle person" but maybe I've just never seen the right one, huh? I told Kathleen that when she showed me pictures of her favorite place in France, a big empty room aka William the Conquerer's dining hall. I was like, "Okay."

I know, I know. :)

Kathleen also ate escargot (sp?) and loved it. You probably do, or would, also, right?

Nope. I am too old for torture chambers and putting things that slime along the sidewalk in my mouth.

Be that as it may, (I can't lie and say we are alike in this post - ha) Bodrum still looks like a great place to visit. I would have really enjoyed the atmosphere that I see in your pictures. That part of the world is gorgeous and so rich in history.

Melanie

Site Meter