Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bodrum's Castle and Fish Market

The very best spot in Bodrum, where I spent the weekend, was the castle. At one point, I called Campbell Clansman and exclaimed, "Ross! It is the best, the absolute, best castle I've ever seen in my life. It is all intact." He replied, "Well, honey, it's young. It's from the 1400's. Most of the stuff we've seen is much older." I had never thought of 1400AD as young, but I guess it is all relative.

Here is the castle from a distance. This was taken from a high point where many sea captains were buried.
After taking that picture, we walked around the harbor through the little town. They had a fresh fish market.
It seems this little cat knew all the best places to get a snack.
Here are some of my friends and me in front of the castle wall.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter