Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Saffron Bolu part III

You know how it is with kids. You go to a place where there are 700 year old houses, some of them still occupied. And they beg to ride in a golf cart! When they saw this enormous golf cart and realized it was a tour, they begged, they offered to pay for it, they turned on their charm. We asked... some of the kids would be free, the rest would be 1/2 price, it was cheap. It turned out to be a great idea. The factors, in my mind, to seal the deal: the possibility of carrying Benaiah for several hours, getting rained on, walking on uneven cobblestone streets with little hands to hold, and not having a clue where to go. So, they got our business. I am not sure these fellows ever saw kids as excited about sitting the back of their golf cart!
Like good Turks, they insisted every kid have blankets under them and over them. Do you see how I start to get spoiled here?
Of course, Benaiah was all about the golf cart: going, driving, moving. I am not sure he understood the historical significance of our tour, but we sure got our money's worth on his ride.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

I love it . . . Is it just me or is Benaiah your twin? He looks so much like you in the face.

Had this been our family at the same point in time, with our kids the same age, David would have wanted everyone to walk and I would have been the one insisting we ride. The kids would have been all for whatever dad wanted . . . Mom is so boooring!! :))

I love how Turkey is like that about children. That has to be great peace of mind. I marvel at that.

On to business. Hope you're having a good day today.

Mel

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
turkishbackpacker said...

Hi,

It's been fun reading your blog.
I am trying to put up a website about people's experiences in Turkey.

www.iwasinturkey.com

Your posts about Saffron Bolu seems very interesting. Posts about less popular, but still amazing parts of Turkey are greatly appreciated.

Would you be interested in publishing this article on my site with a referral back to your blog?

Let me know what you think. You can reach me via info@iwasinturkey.com

Thanks in advance

Site Meter