Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

From There to Here

This is how we looked at the airport. That wasn't even all our bags! This attendant was so nice. He got them all out of my dad's truck, loaded them on his cart, took them in and helped weigh them, and even called me sweetheart. He can call this Temporarily-Single-Mom-With-Twelve-Suitcases-And-Five-Kids anything he wants as long as he helps me!
And after our 20 hour flight, we were back home...just a little jetlagged.
...or maybe a lot jetlagged.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

SARA CAMPBELL!!!!

You have definitely won mother of the year for this one. I can't help but laugh. I used to think I was bad at having a lot of suitcases. I NEVER, EVER, got near that many. What did I have? 7 or 8, even 10 on occasion, with a couple of them being small . . . Never 20!

WOW! The kids I think could handle. It would be the suitcases. I am still laughing. Wait til I tell David that someone actually has me beat. :)

Melanie Keffer said...

Oops! I see you said 12 suitcases, not 20! 20 was the number of hours in your flight.

Okay, I feel better. :) I am sitting here thinking, "What did she pack?" I pack everything that is not nailed down and only have one less child, what is left?

Still . . . 12 suitcases, and they all look huge, is monumental. Along with five kids and the 20 hour flight . . . . Still mother of the year status. [grin]

Melanie Keffer said...

Wasn't it great people were nice to help you?

You remind of Helen Reddy's song, "I am Woman." I always hated that song because I was not that kind of person, but it definitely fits sometimes, doesn't it? [Still laughing]

the Provident Woman said...

That's a lot of bags to travel with. I hate lugging more than 1. And that is a lot more than 1.

Site Meter