By Crystal: For my last devotion at school, I wrote an epistle to the staff based on many of the letters that Paul wrote. I wanted to write an encouragement for the staff and thank them for the many ways they have blessed me.
Crystal, a servant of Christ and lover of the people of Asia Minor, to her beloved friends in Galatia, Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank God always, making mention of you in my prayers, because I know of your love and faith towards our Lord Jesus and toward all your students.I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ’s sake.Be strong in the knowledge of God’s faithfulness never forgetting what He has done thus far. Remembering how paper work was signed only minutes before it was needed, how God ordained the right people to be in the right places, how visas were provided. Time and time again, God has provided. He is our Jehovah Jirah. May Ross remind us with his stories.
Your fellowship and Christ-like spirits have blessed me in times of need. Your servant hearts have challenged me.Joseph’s boldness to always share with his students, or anyone he met, saw many come to know the Lord and convicted me to speak boldly in the Lord.Jenna’s & others flexibility to take on so many different roles and ones you didn’t want or ask for, reminded me to bend more.
Oasis is a light on a hill. That light radiates within its staff and faculty. It starts as you walk in the door with a kiss and a cup of çay from Hicran. Our dear Turkish brothers and sisters Serdar, Esmer and Hicran, through them I better understand the cost of Christianity, what it truly costs. The joy I see in them sets them apart from Turkish non-believers.Thank you for blessing me with your generosity in both word and deed.
· Troy’s laughter and political commentary, often unsolicited, iron sharpening iron.
· Eric leading by example to invest in His students, not the material, and to make sure I have a brother to pick on me.
· Beth’s love of the word, her advice that has spoken to my heart.
· Jalah’s smile
· Lauren’s curly hair and her prayers
· Kim’s enthusiasm, for everything, but especially for her Lord
· Liz noticing when I wore a new outfit, but most of all her encouragement
· Brenda for always being willing to go to the mall with me, her mathematical mind and her commitment and perseverance
· To the Campbells, Lundys, Pucketts, Porterfields & Birminghams for letting us be aunts and uncles to your children.
For those of you journeying to new destinations I ask for His guidance along the way, for the Lord to make the path clear.For those who remain, know that I am committed in prayer for you and that you are forever in my heart.“O Oasis! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge.”
From cold showers, to horrible neighbors, not working toilet, to leaking floors, pigeons, broken kombis, six lesson preps, students who don’t speak English, words lost in translation; through it all I have learned (or at least I’m still trying) to count it all joy.“And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.