Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chestnuts Roasting....

on an open fire, Jack Frost nippin' at your nose. You really can get roasted chestnuts here. Vendors sell them on the streets. My friends B and L headed down to Ulus (the old town) with Firstborn and me, for some Christmas shopping. I bought us a bag of roasted chestnuts. They cut them with a big "x" then roast them. That makes them easy to peel later. This man was happy for me to take his picture.

They really are good. Really. I like them. But when L said, after trying them for the first time, "Hmmm...not bad, but funny they would write an entire song about them." I had my favorite laugh of the day.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Hilarious! I do miss the chestnut trees in Ukraine- streets lined with them and so pretty when blooming!

Angie said...

I've never had roasted chestnuts!

Site Meter