Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pazaar Day

One Sunday afternoon recently, I found myself completely alone. CC was out riding his bike. Some girls were playing at the park on a sunny afternoon. Firstborn was perfectly content to read her emails and stay at home with her little siblings while they napped. So, I headed out to the pazaar....no real agenda, but I enjoyed it.

I saw these ears of corn that looked very much like Indian corn. The man told me they were popcorn and how to shuck them together to pop the kernals off. I tried to explain that I planned to put them out as decoration for autumn. He shrugged, then showed me again how to get the kernals off.
He also had some lovely dried figs. mmmm.

I couldn't resist a photo of these. That's some BIG cabbage.


It's almost impossible to leave there without a couple of bags of fresh produce.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is something I have admired in what you write about Turkey - the markets with the all the produce. How wonderful. I wouldn't be able to resist it either.

M

Site Meter