Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Firstborn

I am so very proud of you. You were the first person to make me a mom, 12 1/2 years ago. I appreciate so many things about you. I appreciate that I can leave you in charge of four younger siblings and that you are able to handle something like that. I appreciate that you are responsible and organized. I appreciate your high moral standards on what you wear and what you watch. I love how you are thoughtful about little things like when we go on a trip and you make sure to pack fun car stuff for your little brother and sister.

The years since I first looked at you in my arms have flown by. It's hard for me to believe that we only have 6 more until you'll head off to college. I want to enjoy them with you fully.

I am so proud of the young woman you are becoming and so thankful for our good relationship. I've never parented a "tween" before, and I am sure I will make mistakes, but I am so glad you are the one I get to learn on! I love you, Firstborn!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mary Erin brings you to mind. I remember you from the first parent meeting before 3rd grade was to start. What was so striking was your long hair. Now Mary has the same beautiful hair you had, even if it is not quite the same color, it is still pretty like yours was.

She is coming out to be just as lovely as her mother.


You are so right about enjoying these years. They will go by faster than ever and before you know it, you will be letting go of her because it will be time for her to leave the shelter of your wings.

I don't know everyone's experience but I can tell you the good news was after I made it through those few years of crying and missing Kathleen, a new day dawned for me and I knew she was no longer ours but was now her own person. I also have to report that David and I both enjoy our relationship with Kathleen more now than we ever have in her life. There are no more tears. When we miss her now, we talk of the next visit. . . . We always enjoyed raising her but this time of her life seems golden for some reason.

Just thought I'd throw in the good part of kids growing up. :)

M

Site Meter