Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Borek

Elmas Hanim will sometimes prepare a salad or cacik (cold yogurt and cucumer side dish) for us when she comes to keep Big Ben. Sometimes I buy ingredients and ask her to make us a main dish. This week I gave her yufka (which is like very very thin puff pastry), some fresh spinach, a potato, and some feta cheese. She added some egg and oil and milk, then turned it into this beautiful dish.

Mmmm! We all had a different favorite. Twinkle Toes of course picked potato. I ate the spinach. Firstborn wanted the cheese. They were all delicious.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yumm!! I want some!

Anonymous said...

Yum! They look and sound delicious!!

Megan said...

Oh I remember Borek from living in Turkey! They were my favorite Turkish food!! Those look so delicious and bring back many memories.

Rachel said...

Looks amazing.....I'd love a recipe. Do you think I could find one online?

Site Meter