Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lil' Gardeners

This is our apartment's yard (called a garden, or "bahce"). It's not much to speak of. The gardens around us have pretty green grass, but because we don't have a live-in caretaker in our building, it's not really tended very often. Many times I've wished I had a weed-eater to just take care of it myself.

But last weekend my two middle girls decided to tackle sprucing up our garden. They picked up trash, trimmed bushes, and planted seeds from fruit they had eaten. I was so touched by their act of love to our neighbors that I took them to buy some fall mums to put in planters on our balcony and a couple of small flowers for their bedroom. The garden does look better, thanks to these two cute gardeners.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter