Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bangs?

It's never happened before. I've had 4 girls and no one has ever cut their own hair that I can remember (Well, perhaps a snip off the bottom, but nothing too dramatic.) But this past week I noticed Sweet Cheeks' hair looked different. I asked, "Did something happen to your hair?" She BURST into tears and explained through sobs that she woke up with "ticky tack" in her hair, that I was still sleeping, so she just cut it out. Right in the front. And I must say here that we are not a 'bangs bunch.' None of us have bangs.

"But HONEY," I exclaimed, "Wake me UP! That's considered an emergency!" She cried more. I realized at that point that my don't-cut-your-own-hair talk was unnecessary. She already regretted it. So, I comforted her and suggested it just looked like baby hair growing out. (She is still a baby, after all.)

The next day I asked her if any of her friends noticed. She said, "Oh yes, Samire told me it looked lovely." Hmmm, maybe we should have the don't-cut-your-own-hair talk after all.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

Oh my goodness, I could just squeeze that cutie!! I haven't had an incident either and I am very strict about when the kids get to use scissors for the first time- usually not until about 4 yrs. Poor baby girl-she's such a stinker that she'll be about 20.

Mandy said...

That is too FUNNY!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you call her "Sweet Cheeks." How precious.

I have experienced the phenomena of children cutting their own hair. Notice I used the plural there. :)

Matt was such a "pretty" little boy and the first child I had to have normal hair at an early age. He discovered the scissors somewhere around three years old or so and there went his beautiful hair. Only thing to do in his case was buzz it. It never seemed quite that pretty again.

Karoline wanted long hair . . . just like she wanted to sing . . . from an early age. She is a girl with a strong mind and does not veer from it . . . anyway, wanting long hair, but not liking all the little new hair you have at a young age, she went underneath her hair and wacked off all the ones she thought didn't belong there so things would be even. She was probably somewhere around Eva's age. Ha. :)

At least Sweet Eva had a legitimate reason for cutting her hair. Is she as independent as she seems?

Mel

Site Meter