Campbells

Campbells

Monday, October 24, 2011

Earthquake in Turkey

There was a 7.2 earthquake in eastern Turkey yesterday. One of my sweet readers (Nancy from Ohio) asked me to let everyone know if we are ok. Yes, we are! Praise the Lord. We did not even feel tremors from it (although 6 years ago I did feel my first earthquake while living here....I was asleep on a couch that seemed to bounce about 2 feet away from the wall.)

Please do pray for the Turks in the region of Van. Evidently the death toll is growing. I read last night that they were trying to shovel the rubble off with their hands to rescue people.



We have not yet traveled out East, but would like to sometime. There is evidently a church from about 1000AD there. I wish I could go now and take love to these broken people.

On another note, we've just written a newsletter with more detail than I write on my blog. If anyone would like an emailed copy, please send me a note and I'll send you a copy. saracampbell@oasisis.org

2 comments:

Chris said...

I am so glad you are safe and am praying for those in Eastern Turkey. I so enjoy your blog and reading about your family. You are a great mom!

sl said...

Thanks for the update. I also thought of your familty when I heard the news of the earthquake. Praying for the ones effected.

Site Meter