Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Israel!

It is our joy to host one Israeli student at our school. His parents were sent here by the Israeli government on official embassy business. They are dear. Last week, Israel celebrated its 63rd birthday. We were honored to be invited to the reception celebrating that. The food, the music, the company we enjoyed very much. And I'll admit...the high security excites me a bit. Even our invitation had to be scanned as we entered. (CC and I saw them scan it last year, so for kicks, we got out Twinkle Toes' new game, "Clue: Secrets and Spies," used the ultraviolet light scanner in it, and lit up our invitation to see what it said!!! It doesn't take much to entertain us!)
And it didn't hurt to find a chocolate fountain on the way out...


I would love to picture our student here, but for security reasons I should not. He is very special to us. Although we have different faiths, he is intrigued as to why we know so much about his country, history, and people. Through his people, I am blessed, that's why!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Megan said...

I lived in Ankara from 1990-93 and was great friends with the Israeli ambassador's daughter. I remember her mother was American. I spent lots of time at the ambassadors residence and thought their house was so neat. I don't remember very high security back then, but I do remember hearing car bombs go off. At the time, it was sort of normal, although looking back, it was a very unique experience.

Tara G. said...

Love! The Israeli embassy is almost next door to me. Praying our administration wakes up.

Anonymous said...

If it wasn't for the history of Israel, that we all know and love, I would still love Israel for the kind of people they are. My mother fell in love with them also. Wonderful people!

Did you hear their prime minister speaking here in Washington this week? You would have loved it!

M

Site Meter