Campbells

Campbells

Monday, November 24, 2008

Fall Carnival


A couple of weeks ago our school hosted a Fall Carnival. It is one of the highlights of the year. Each class comes up with a game for kids like bowling with 2 liter bottles or fishing with a pole and magnets. The kids buy a card of tickets for $3 and just go. It is one of those times that I realize how very different, and how very nice, our school is. They can just go from room to room with their friends unsupervised. This year our 3 school-aged girls were old enough to go on their own. When it was time to go, I walked by one room called the "Scary Room". Inside it was pitch black and filled with things all over the floor...like a bowl of jelly stuff to feel and wet beans and flour all over the floor. The kids were to crawl through the room and try to find tickets. The color of ticket indicated what kind of candy they won. Gross, I thought. I couldn't see in, so I said to the teacher, "Esther isn't in there, is she?" The teacher said, "No." and I thought to myself, "Good, that's disgusting." When I finally found her and we recapped her night, she said, "I spent a ticket to get my face painted and almost all the rest on the Scary Room!

No comments:

Site Meter