Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Scotland for Twenty: Campbell Castle

We walked just past the town to the Campbell castle, still lived in by the Earl himself. There were sheep on his land. They stared at us and said, "Baaaaaa." 

We weren't expecting to see the colors of Fall still, but it warmed our hearts. I've always loved that I got married in the Fall, my favorite season.

Here are shots of the Earl's barn!!! I suggested I wouldn't mind if he asked us in, just to stay in the barn!


Baa Baa Black Sheep, have you any wool?

The trees were beautiful and moss covered!

And here is the beautiful castle in the morning light. 

As we strolled through, a bag pipe began to play. I really thought CC had somehow lined all of this up or that I was in a movie set! It was wonderful.

We were able to see a housing complex for the sheltered/elderly named for James Chalmers, missionary martyr from Inverary to Papua New Guinea. This was a beautiful Church of Scotland.



The mist rolled off and on the mountain. CC remembered a watch tower (just barely visible here) that he climbed as a 20 year old. It was so foggy and cold we didn't try it. However, our plan is to take our kids back at Christmastime. Maybe we can try it.

I just could hardly take a bad picture in this beautiful town.


There's the watchtower!

No comments:

Site Meter