Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Nothing Runs Like a Deere

When we lived in our former neighborhood, we organized a simplified trick-or-treat night for our staff kids. But now that we are spread out throughout the city, it was impossible to figure out. So, instead, we came up with a new fall activity. We call chipped in to pay a farmer to take us on a hayride, finishing off with s'mores at a bonfire.

When the man pulled up, we were speechless. His tractor and trailer were John Deere, the biggest and pretties I've ever seen. I laughed that he had "Masallah" written on it. This is a Turkish phrase which means, "May Allah protect." and you see it on the trucks and buses here. I just never thought I'd see a John Deere with it.

The kids had a great time!

For many of them, it was their first hay ride. It was fun and something I hope we do again!



No comments:

Site Meter