Campbells

Campbells

Monday, July 5, 2010

Back to Blogging!

I took a break from blogging this week, but I didn't forget you! I took pictures to document our week. Last week we headed down to Memphis, feeling the 95 degrees outside, traveling down I-40. Oh, we had a great time. I read the kids a chapter in a US history book (a goal CC has for the summer...getting our American kids who don't live in America to know more about their home country). We wrote down all the different license plates we saw. (Before you envision this as something like Brady Bunch, I should tell you we had our fair share of nit-pickin' too). Then suddenly our car sounded as if were dragging metal. CC did exactly what you are supposed to do and got us off the road with our big ol' flat tire.
We were driving my dad's car and were during the only 3 hour stretch of the summer that we were without a phone. So, what does a Campbell do in a time like this? Pull out the owner's manual!
CC got us fixed up in no time (ok, some time) as we stood on the hot pavement. I fully realize I should have let the kids go into the ditch but I kept thinking, "chiggers"! So, we stood alongside Big Ben who screamed "Wow!" at every semi truck, and we made it safely to our hometown.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Poor Ross looks like a bag of bones . . . . He needs fattening up Sara!! He needs some good ol' greasy American food, doesn't he? :)

Ya'll are all precious and I hope you don't think anything about me teasing about Ross being skinny. I should be so skinny!! Maybe I should work as hard as I know he does and that would shed a few pounds, right?

I can just imagine Ben . . . Wow, is his word, isn't it? Isn't that precious?

It is Murphy's law to break down without a cell phone . . . What did we ever do before we had one? Now we count on phones and auto clubs. Ask me . . I have about three different memberships so I am covered in every direction if I have a flat without Dave. I did that so Kathleen would be covered and guess what, she has had to use it a couple of times!!

I am just rambling. Good to hear from you. If I were you, I would not be thinking of blogging or computers but soaking in all this fun summer home!!

Mel

P. S. Have I told you about our 17.5 hour trip back from Waco, Texas? It is normally a 9 hour trip. I'll tell you sometime how we spent that many hours on the road!!

Site Meter