Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Perma Baby's Birthday Bash #2

Perma Baby's official birthday, July 15, occured while we were up at the lake house. We had spaghetti to celebrate, then opened gifts. She was thrilled to open a tinkerbell figure and house. The house was an upside-down teapot with thimbles as seats. I remember making houses like that in my mom's corn patch.
She was very happy to adopt a new baby doll named Anna, the cousin of her cousin's doll Emma. The only problem has been that every night I now have 5 little girls to get ready for bed instead of 4!
I chose PB's birthday gift with purpose. I'll admit I had an agenda. I decided to buy PB some type of riding toy. She's just so laid back, so cautious, so content, so...non-risk-taking. Maybe now that she's 5, she should be playing outside more, trying to be a little more rough and tumble. So, she opened her new scooter, proudly hopped on and posed for a picture, then spent the entire rest of the weekend happily agreeing to let every other cousin ride her new toy! She'd much rather be curled up in someone's lap having a book read to her! Oh well, I tried!
We finished our party with cake and bubbles for all the cousins!
Happy Official Birthday, Perma-Baby! And dear readers, Papa announced last's time for a new nickname. She can't be 5 and be called Perma-Baby, he says. And since he wears the pants in our family, what he says goes. Stay tuned for a post dedicated to her new nickname.
Posted by Picasa


Anonymous said...

Well Sara, it never fails that something in the pictures will catch my eye and in this post, it was the hammocks on the screened porch. I love it, love it! :)

I was also thinking of how much fun you must have . . . all of you there together. I was relating to your mom and dad, remembering my parents and how much they enjoyed providing a place for us each summer to gather. For 20-something years, we spent every summer on the same beach. Daddy stopped short of buying a house down there because it was so far away and he didn't think he would be happy renting it out on the off seasons . . . But that did not stop him from his permanent rental arrangemets each summer and it was most definitely our home-away-from-home, hammocks and all.

One more thing . . . and I have probably mentioned this a million times before. Eva "Kathleen" shares her birth date with Lovie "Kathleen" (my mother) - who will kill me later for revealing her real first name. :))

Oh, and glad to hear the man with the pants is changing Eva's nickname. (I'm laughing because I always agree with Ross!!) I mean, gee whiz, how could you not go along with someone whose own nickname is Dizzle Pop?? :)


Katie said...

Eager to hear of new nickname.
Julianna has that scooter, too!!

Site Meter